- £25 – £30/hour
- Date posted:
- Job start date:
- Application close date:
- 31st May 2012
An excellent opportunity exists for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Design Team at Jensen Consulting Ltd. in Hertfordshire.
- Support the Lead Design Engineer in the day to day running of the design office.
- Substantiate designs through 3D CAD modelling and prototyping
- Ensure the design is carried out in accordance to the relevant specification
- Ensure the design meets the aesthetic and technical ambitions of the customer.
- Be an effective communicator to ensure departmental requirements are met
- Liaise direct with costumers and suppliers.
- Take on a broad range of responsibilities to allow the individual to grow within the role as they progress their career within the company.
- Design of components, including metal, plastics and composite using Solid Works 2012. Will undertake design studies and progress his/her own work through to production. A knowledge of BS/ISO standard materials is essential as is standard finishes.
- Knowledge of standard machine parts suppliers and download portals such as partserver.
- Sound understanding of manufacturing principles (DFM).
- Create dimensioned drawings according to the relevant ISO & company drawing standards. A sound knowledge of dimensioning, annotating and geometric tolerancing is essential.
- Will liaise with an external customer to ensure their design requirements are understood and ensure an agreed design direction can be made.
- Substantiate their own designs from a 3D perspective to ensure clash detection has been evaluated.
- Will liaise with the Lead and Senior engineers to ensure all aspects of the program are being met
- Supporting multiple parallel projects and the requirement to accurately estimate the time necessary to complete individual tasks and to work within deadlines.
- 2.1 MEng (Hons) Degree in an appropriate mechanical discipline as a minimum.- Note other grades or similar degrees may be considered in exceptional circumstances
- Proficient in Solidworks or Inventor
- Must be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Must be capable of adapting to a fast and pressured environment
- A full, and clean, driving licence is required
- PC literate
- FEA exposure
- Experience in Solidworks Premium Add-Ins such as Routing, Simulation or 3D Scanning
- Product Design experience
- Proficient in AutoCad
To apply for this position please email the covering letter and your CV to email@example.com. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.