Portal Frame Fabrication Drawings for a Recycling Centre
Why did our customer require a fabrication drawing company?
The Portal Frame was approx. 400 tonnes including around 460 Hot Rolled Steels and 1320 Cold Rolled Steels.
How did our Fabrication Drawing Team assist our costumer?
The customer provided us with architectural drawings and a report by the structural engineer with connection details and loads.
The client is then presented with set of First Issue Drawings (including a Bill of Materials to assist costing) for approval.
The Firs Issue includes all Plan Views and Elevations with all relevant dimensions.
After approval, our CAD Draughtsmen produce fully detailed drawings according to BS8888 of the Main Parts and Standalone Parts.
A Main Part Drawing for example shows a column with all the plates welded (base plate, end plate etc.) welded to it. The drawing shows information of where and how the part is welded.
A Standalone Part Drawing for example details the plate on its on with all cut & hole dimensions.
Full Set of Portal Frame Drawings
The full set of drawings including schedules for this 400 Ton frame was approx. 700 pages.
The 3D CAD Modelling enables clash checking, tool access and exporting the files in NC File format.
Our customer was presented with a full pack of Fabrication Drawings which included:
- Isometric (3D View) with cold rolled
- Elevations with dimensions and labels of hot rolled only
- Elevations with dimensions and labels with cold rolled
- Elevations with dimensions and labels of cladding
- Floor Plan Drawing with dimensions and labels (column layout)
- Roof Plan Drawing with dimensions and labels of hot rolled only
- Roof Plan Drawing with dimensions and labels with cold rolled
- All Main Part Drawings
- All Single Part Drawings
- Bolt List
- Material List
- Saw Cut List
- Calculation Report
- NC Files
(These links are to our case study and not of the project within this article)