Our CAD Drafting Service includes compliant Manufacturing Drawings
What are Manufacturing Drawings
Manufacturing Drawings are also known as Production Drawings or Working Drawings. A full set of Manufacturing Drawings include all the information required for production. No questions should be left unanswered. These drawings are split into to main categories.
1. Part/Component Drawings
These drawings detail the part itself that require manufacturing and are intended for the machinist. They also show the information required for the finishing processes.
The drawings should include the following information. (They should however not show more information that is required.) :
- Material Specification
- Linear Dimensions including Tolerances
- Angular Dimensions including Tolerances
- Geometric Tolerances
- Surface Finish Type and Tolerances
2. Assembly Drawings.
Depending on the complexity, Assembly drawing are often structured into a Top Level Assembly and Sub-Assemblies. This is to give more clarity on the full product. Assembly drawings should include:
- All Sub-Assemblies used within the assembly
- All parts to be manufactured
- All bought in parts including their specific part numbers, manufacturer or supplier
- Fixings such as Bolts, Nuts, Washers etc.
- Bill of materials (BOM) showing a full list of all parts
- The drawings should be illustrated in a way to clearly show how the Product fits together. This should/could include several views (Plan, Top, Side, Isometric etc.) and Exploded Views
- Additional information that might be required such as Weight, assembly instructions should also be included if required.
It is important that good quality drawings show all the information that is required, but no more than needed. An example is to many dimensions or to many views.
What Manufacturing Drawing Service do we offer?
We pride ourselves on the our drawings. JC’s team are qualified Draughtsmen. This is not to be confused with an industry problem, of untrained draughtsman creating drawings without a knowledge of drawing standards (such as BS 8888) or manufacturing processes purely because the modern CAD Packages allow easy dimensioning.
We offer full Manufacturing Drawing packages which will include all the information required for manufacture. JC are also able to appoint and liaise with manufacturers.
What information do we need to create Manufacturing Drawings
We are able to work from:
- Paper Drawings
- Existing Parts
- Concept Drawings/Images
- Concept Parts
- Existing CAD Drawings
How much do Manufacturing Drawings cost?
At JC’s we offer fixed price quotations should we have enough information to quantify the work. We understand that hourly rates do not give a full picture and no indication what the final cost would be.
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.
The use of 3D modelling has become increasingly popular, and more and more traditional 2D-based manufacturers are beginning to recognise the advantage of communicating their designs in the 3D format. Although transferring across to 3D may at first seem a momentous...