Why Did The Client Require A Fabrication Drawing Service?
Our Letchworth based client, required 3D modelling & Steelwork Detailing for three separate balcony stacks. Along with the associated fabrication drawings for a new residential development in Croydon.
Each balcony stack is approximately 3 tonnes made from a mixture of SHS and PFC steels with calculated plate and bolt connections.
How Did Our Fabrication Drawing Team Assist The Client?
Our client provided us with architectural drawings as-well-as a detailed report by the structural engineer with the required steel specifications and their calculated loads.
With the provided information, we were able to produce a 3D Model of each balcony stack using specialist Steelwork Detailing Software.
– By doing this we can identify any possible details that may have been overlooked during the early stages of the project. Enabling our client to assess whether their initial design is fit for purpose.
We then created a General Arrangement drawing (G/A) for each structure, detailing material specs, level heights, connection details, site dimensions, and all other noteworthy details of the project as a whole for the client to approve.
– This step ensures that all the relevant information for the project is available in one place and is agreed upon before continuing to add time/money to the project.
Once the GA was approved by the client, we then proceeded to produce a set of Fabrication drawings within a “Fabrication Pack”.
– Including a bill of materials, drawing issue list, a bolts/fixings list plus an up-to-date part numbered G/A.
Fabrication drawings typically include:
– Individual Parts drawings, plates / steels etc. which are numbered in accordance with the BOM. Along with their material specification and their required quantities.
– Assembly drawings, with labelled constituent parts according to the individual parts drawing numbers, vital dimensions, weld types and sizes plus the required quantities. (All fabrication drawings we produce are fully detailed according to BS8888.)
These assembly drawings can then be used to identify specific steel on the GA to aid construction on site.
What is the cost of our Steel detailing service?
Jensen Consulting are able to provide our clients with a fixed cost and timeframe for
most our projects. We usually provide our quotations based on the structural